Thursday, March 12, 2009

"We believe in irreverent luxury."

I stumbled upon the Jonathan Adler store on my way to the Whitney this past weekend. I was tickled. I don't know how I missed this designer in all my interior design experience, but I did. Thankfully, these amazing squirrel ring holders grabbed my attention. Yeah, that's right, a whole squirrel statue to hold your rings in it's acorn. Inspired designs like this come from Adler's fearless imagination and playful spirit. He even has a line of ceramic containers that resemble old apothecary jars! Cute! Another favorite of mine is this needlepoint pillow that reads "anger." I love the contrast of the sweet needlepoint work and the harshness of the word anger. I am always a big supporter of making home a happy place above anything. Jonathan Adler's light-hearted designs can make it happen. By the way, he probably has one of the most creative manifestos I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Enjoy here: http://www.jonathanadler.com/shop/manifesto.php

2 comments:

MCR said...

the squirrels. holy smokes, too cute/genius.

meg farmer said...

i know, like how luxurious is it to make a squirrel hold your ring in it's acorn? VERY! i don't even double love it!