Tuesday, March 24, 2009

DOOM: Born Like This

"Wont stop rockin' till he clocked in a gazzillion grand."

Today DOOM released his new and long awaited album, Born Like This. It's bananas. Those of you who know me well understand that this guy is pretty much my hero. My life motto and the title of this blog, "keep your glory gold" comes from the track "Accordion" off his Madvillainy album (which was released 4 years ago to date). I can't say enough about how CLEVER and funny MF Doom is to me. It's true, he "sells rhymes like dimes" and his "beats sound like outer space."
I think one of the genius parts of Born Like This so far is that in the track "Lightworks," he just starts the song with "Jerks...welcome to the octagon." Wow.

Overall, this album is a true MF Doom production...great sampling, sick grimy beats, and totally hilarious lyrics. Get it!

No comments: