Wednesday, January 21, 2009

new painting!

Oh boy! I'm really glad that British engineer, Denys Fisher, invented the Spirograph machine. Because now I can make paintings like this one I just finished. There are infinite possibilities for unusual shapes. And I love using tiny brushes to fill them all in! It's a methodical process that takes more time than it looks, but it's totes worth it! My color pallet was inspired by Necco Wafer candies, which taste horrible but look beautiful. I spent many years in Boston, where the Necco (New England Confectionery Co.) factory is located. It's funny where you find your color inspiration!

P.S. Don't sleep on the Necco font. It's a winner.

3 comments:

bonnie m. said...

green neccos are delicious!

meg farmer said...

what flavor is green? probably oregano. ew. haha. xo!

Anonymous said...

dont sleep on the necro front