Monday, December 7, 2009

crown braids and Cazals.

I am getting waaaay inspired by Cocorosie's live performance with the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in the Netherlands. This shit is bananas!!!  When people throw around terms like "creative" THIS is what they are talking about.  These ladies are weirdos, but they make incredible magic onstage.  Doll make-up, hauntingly beautiful voices, a nerdy beatboxer, creepy toy noises, and beats from outer space.  (Yes, I went to art school.)  Their outfits are just...brave! Whether they are rocking a Peter Pan style nightgown with a new era cap or an NBA oversized jersey with a metallic bowtie, I'm in.  Don't let all the awesome artsy fool you, Sierra (Rosie) is a trained Opera singer. Here are their amazing performances of "Animals" and "Beautiful Boys." It's so rad to see these colorful creatures against the backdrop of a conservative Royal Orchestra.
All I'm saying, is that Cocorosie makes me want to step up my style game.  A great place to start is with a crown braid and clear Cazals.  It's like, "I'm a duchess living in Harlem in the 1970s." I'll probably need a windbreaker (kidding) or something jazzy like that too. You got to keep people guessing;)

No comments: