Wednesday, September 9, 2009

style rookie.

This is 13 year old Tavi, a certified genius and possibly a wizard in disguise. Her fashion blog is my new obsession. I can't even wrap my head around her ultra hip writing style, sharp sensibility, and avant-garde steez. She writes honestly and playfully about her inspired ideas: "I can assure you that this movie marathon of ours was one of two times I've been cultured this year, the other being when I went to a museum in the city! Otherwise I just sit in my room and look at issues of Lula while making whale noises of enthusiasm over how pretty the styling is and eat crackers." Yep, that's right, "whale noises of enthusiasm." Can you handle her references?

Smart fo' sho, she's actually quite funny too. Okay fine, really funny. She makes fun of designers and calls herself out, sparing no allowances! One of my favorites: Oh God, could you imagine if I was a designer? "Needs more ugly! Throw on another optical illusion, sure! More wires!" Such entertaining visions!

Honestly, I'm touched, inspired, and a little bit smitten. A self-described "style rookie," don't let the title fool you...this lil' lady knows what she's doing. She's like a living breathing work of art, destined for fame. Also, she is really into outer space, which makes her cooler than you;)
http://www.tavi-thenewgirlintown.blogspot.com/

No comments: