Thursday, August 6, 2009

AJ Fosik' s work ethic is better than yours.


Browsing one of my favorite art sites today, I found this stunning work by Philly based artist AJ Fosik. For anyone who thinks that artists have lost their craft and attention to detail, Fosik is here to show you differently. One glance at Fosik's hyper-intense creature masks and your immediately humbled by the level of effort. These wild bear-like beasts embody ferociousness and fun all in one. I can't decide if I want to run for cover or play with them. I love the aggressive expressions paired with the delightful colors. The effect is almost audible, I'm actually looking for the volume button! It certainly must be a pain-staking and time consuming process creating lovely beasts like these. What a wonderful feeling when an artist's incredible work ethic inspires you to work harder! Thanks AJ Kosik for keeping the rest of us on our toes!
(Photographs courtesy of Alex Lukas at www.fecalface.com )

No comments: