Saturday, November 22, 2008

Art Club Blazers

Don't be surprised if you see me and a gang of misfits bumbling around in flashy blazers like these ones from Balenciaga's fall 2007 collection. For some time, I've been a proud member of some "art club." Whether it was painting at my friend Mandee's house (her creations can be seen here: www.kodakgallery.com/mandeepaints) while slurping purple sizzurp, or drawing with my roommate Caitlin when I lived in lovely San Francisco, I have always embraced the idea of an art collective. And, nothing makes a collective, group, or team more solid than matching uniforms. Now that I live in Brooklyn and have a heap of fellow artists to create with, I invite all members of "art club" to fashion their very own art club blazer! The ones above are totes inspiring with their bold buttons, decorative ribbon, crests, and other royal embellishments. Being in a gang is awesome, even if you are just drawing pictures with other low lifers. Wearing a custom blazer just makes it official.

1 comment:

TMAR said...

ok that's badass. I think maybe I need an art club here in St. Louis. I want to wear a fun blazer...