Friday, March 26, 2010

all dolled up!

I treated myself to a little nesting doll tattoo.  You know, LIFE reward for a job well done! I've been fond of Ashley Love's work for quite some time (I've mentioned this NC southern belle before), and I am thrilled to be all dolled up by her!  She is a total perfectionist, and took the time to work with the available space on my arm.  
This little beauty is so precious. I love the design, which is totally balanced with love arrows, berry branches, and a single rose. Isn't the color pallet just so modern and dashing!? Ashley's work is next level, what I like to call post-traditional.  She is a rising star for sure. And that lavender rose is on my elbow folks!  (Ouchie.)  It makes me feel kind of tough;)
Fun fact: 
Nesting dolls, a.k.a. matryoshka dolls, are a Russian tradition, but actually based on a 1890 Japanese figurine called "fukuruma." 
(fukuruma)

3 comments:

Kim Michelle said...

awesome~!

Mandee Rae said...

LOVE her! she's got a great pout! and i love her lavendar cloud! i die.

Mushi Loola said...

Spectacular colors and ink job. All I can say is "Fukurumazing!"